Science Poster


Director Richard Robinson of the Brighton Science Festival asked if I would artwork for their event poster and brochure cover.  This is my rough idea presented to him which he liked -
(Look out for future posting showing finished art!)

Big subject 'Science', and very inspirational educator is Richard who saw my framed poster-works hanging in Billies cafe.  We met and discussed possible themes yet he refused to get specific, instead leaving it up to my imagination to come up with something to fascinate.  He did however, for inspiration's sake, hand me a long list of 2014 anniversaries going way back to 1414 when 'Plus and Minus' was invented.  Notable there also is the Centenary of World War One - that's going to be the biggie!.. thinking I ought to somehow work that theme into the poster but careful to avoid any sombre iconography associated.  After some furious pencil work and discarded ideas I produced this Exo-Planetoid of Poppies (using photoshop's 'Polar Coordinates' filter), then I dropped in Brighton's own Pavilion building and stuck legs on it to look like the Apollo Lunar Lander which anyway shares very similar appearance to a microscopic Bacteriophage as it infects or, shall we say, 'Fracking' a blood cell.  Anyway, more to do ..!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments go live after i check its not a spam, so give it a little time.