Science Festy 2015


Poster-artwork done, just leave out the dates, as was asked for by Richard Robinson (Director of the Brighton Science Festival) who wanted my photoshop file before he sends onto the printer and to muck about with its layered visual elements for his own ideas (which just keep coming!) -

There was no specific theme for this year (unlike last year's poster marking the centenery of WW1).  Just show me your thoughts, Richard said, and no clip-art stuff but do make it generally appealing to grown-ups as well.  Tough call, what with 'Science' being a broad-church chunk of human interest and all.  So I wondered aimlessly like into google, eventually I settled on ''flat earth'' yealding these two pics on which I based the poster's theme -
From 'THERE BE DRAGONS!'  to next stop, Mars.
After completing the festival's various publicity ads, I couldn't resist doing an extra cartoon on the hot debate surrounding the highly secretive Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) after Richard suggestion about a teaspoon (?!)  I wait to see if he might squeeze this into the events brochure -

  

And I never knew about a race of unipedal hopping folk in lands off the medieval-mind map -
Apparantly they would use their single big foot to shelter from the rain! -
Well, I won't be dining out on this charity funded project any time soon, time to hoppit to pastures new.
.

2 comments:

Your comments go live after i check its not a spam, so give it a little time.