Alan Johnson

I was handed, on a plate, the fabulous opportunity to do a live drawing of Rt Hon Alan Johnson MP while he spoke to the party faithful at a Labour fundraiser in the swanky Phoenix Palace Restaurant in London NW1.  It was a situation far outside my usual comfort zone anyway but when he got up to speak, I faced having no good point of view amongst the crowded tables other than stare straight up into his nostrils.
I found Alan to be a thoroughly nice chap so opted to downplay this exaggerated angle and pushed to finish it after he'd exited stage front when he added his signature.  Moments later my drawing was auctioned to a happy Bidder who's portrait I also added while my Assistant Christine won a bottle of bubbly!
Man on the Left !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments go live after i check its not a spam, so give it a little time.