Pulped

Pulp Detective illustrated shortstory magazine aimed at young readers got pulped by its backer/distributer on 3rd issue before it had a chance to succeed.  On accepting this regular illustrating gig, I asked its Editor 'There's nothing quite like this in the market so how can you be sure this will fly?'  'We've done our research' was his matter-of-fact answer.  So naturally I jumped on board.



 





After completing the ilos for issue#1, the commission remit changed!  Though I still had free range in picking which 10 scenes from a story to illustrate, I was now tasked to provide artwork with heavily detailed backgrounds at A4 size even though the Mag' was smaller A5, just so cropped portions could be positioned in page layouts.  My queries were summarily ignored and I accepted the extra workload because the subject matter is fascinating and pay was good.  Was quite relieved though when this venture got the bullit.

More artwork for this commission at my: Behance project page !
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments go live after i check its not a spam, so give it a little time.